Monday, April 28, 2014

I've fallen in love - with "cookie butter"!!!

Over the weekend, DH and I drove over to see DS29 (dear son, 29).  While we were visiting he presented me with a jar of Cookinotti cookie butter!  Now, some months ago I'd learned of the Biscoff cookie butter spread and sent DS a link to their homepage.  He hadn't been able to find it in our area but he did find the Cookinotti version.

Well, I tried it and I'm just hooked on the flavor!  If you know snickerdoodle cookies, the spread probably comes closest to that in flavor, with a bit of cinnamon plus lots of buttery cookie flavor.  After all, this is made with crushed cookies!  Specifically, both spreads are made with speculoos or caramelized butter cookies.  Wonderful!

So far, my favorite way to have this yummy treat is to melt a few tablespoons down into a thick syrup and pour it over ice cream.  Can't wait for dessert time tonight!

Just had to pass this new discovery on to all of you.  I hope you get a chance to try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Your comment is awaiting moderation.